The Netherlands Educational Research Association (VOR), founded in 1975, is concerned with improving the educational process by encouraging scholarly inquiry related to education and evaluation and by promoting the dissemination and practical application of research results. The aims of the VOR are:
- Promoting research in the field of education and training
- Promoting application of research findings and theory developments in the field of education and training
- Promoting the quality of its members’ performance in their profession
- Promoting (inter)national communication between practicing professionals
- Promoting the standing of the professionals and their training on a national level
The members of the VOR are faculty, researchers, graduate students, and other distinguished professionals with rich and diverse expertise in education research. They work in a range of settings from research universities, universities of applied sciences and other academic institutions to research institutes, federal and state agencies, school systems, testing companies, and nonprofit organizations. Based on their research, they produce and disseminate knowledge, refine methods and measures, and stimulate translation and practical application of research results.