Experienced educational researcher
The professorship is part of the Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen (HG) Hanze Honors College (HHC). The HHC aims to offer talented students the option to become excellent professionals.
The professorship in Excellence in Higher Education and Society (EHOS) currently has a vacancy for an
Experienced educational researcher
0.6 FTE, vacancy number v18.0203; AT
As a researcher, you contribute to the professorship's research theme, centred around teaching staff and honors-level didactics. Research concerns honors-level teaching methods aimed at promoting excellence, curriculum development and assessment and student-lecturer interactions.
You will be expected to further develop the 'honors lecturer' research theme by building on existing research projects, initiating your own projects, writing grant applications and involving more HG-lecturers/researchers in the professorship's research activities. You will work with the professor to further develop the research theme to the point where it can also accommodate both smaller research projects published in professional journals and more extensive projects with a broader impact and peer-reviewed publication. You will also help initiate doctoral research projects and supervise PhD candidates. You are an active member of the research group and team member of the (inter)national honors teacher professionalization. You lead internal research programmes and stimulate teachers in this area. In addition to initiating, conducting and supervising research projects, you will present your research findings at conferences in the Netherlands and abroad, and publish in leading national and international journals.
In addition to your role as an individual researcher, you will work with researchers in your field and other fellow-researchers in the Netherlands and abroad. You will also work with a team to promote lecturer training. Providing feedback on research questions and results to your fellow-researchers within the network, sharing your own knowledge with others within Hanze UAS, involving students in the professorship's research projects and contributing to the valorisation of research results within regular and honors education programmes: you will be actively participating in each of these activities.
Position in the organisation
The researcher will be working under the supervision of the professor of EHOS. The professorship conducts applied and scientific research in an effort to provide building blocks that can help make honors education challenging, stimulating and appealing to students. The concrete results of this research have a knock-on effect that benefits all students. The professorship applies an international perspective in order to ensure that Hanze UAS can solidify its position as the leading Dutch centre for research on talent development and excellence in higher education and broader society.
In order to perform optimally within this position, you will need the following knowledge and skills:
- you have a PhD – preferably within a field relevant to the issue of general and honors-level didactics:
- you have proven experience researching educational issues; preferably in higher education;
- internationally-oriented publication list;
- you aspire to write grant applications and bring in grants (and preferably have demonstrable experience doing so);
- you have demonstrable knowledge of and/or affinity with the theme 'Excellence and Talent', education and the aforementioned topics within the research theme;
- you have knowledge and experience and/or affinity with qualitative and quantitative research and are capable of supervising and training others in this area;
- you have an excellent written and spoken command of the English and Dutch language;
- you have a collaboration-oriented mentality, and maintain good relations with both the professor and other lecturers/researchers within the professorship;
- you are capable of working accurately in complex situations, some of which may involve pressing deadlines;
- you aspire to present your research results at both national and international level.
Terms of employment
The employment commencement date will be as soon as possible. This concerns a temporary 1-year appointment with the option of extension. The appointment will be made in accordance with the conditions of the collective employment agreement for higher professional education (cao-hbo) and HG job matrix. The position is job grade 11. The gross monthly salary will be at least € 3.281,- and no more than € 4.777,- in the case of full-time employment.
In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field.
Before taking up the post, new employees must apply for a Certificate of Conduct (VOG). The costs of this will be borne by Hanze UAS.
For further information on this position, please contact Mr P.F. Veenstra, programme manager at the EHOS professorship, telephone number +31(0)50-595 5330/+31(0)6-10971294.
The application closing date is 27 January 2019
All interviews will be held on Thursday 7 February 2019.
How to apply
You can apply for this vacancy at the website of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanzehogeschool Groningen): www.hanze.nl/vacatures