Conference: Higher Education With Impact
When: December 13th - 14th - 15th, 2023
Where: the Old Prison of Hasselt University, Hasselt, Belgium
We (the University of Hasselt) are honoured to invite you to the “Higher Education with Impact” conference, where we will gather to celebrate the power of higher education, which can facilitate a positive change in society.
Since its start in 1973, Hasselt University (UHasselt) has believed in the potential of higher education to be a catalyst for positive transformation. For the 50th anniversary of UHasselt we want to bring together educators, researchers and scientific educational experts to talk about higher education with impact. Our Educational Conference will be a platform for innovative thinking about the role of higher education in driving impact and solving complex societal challenges. We aim to explore new ideas and approaches to higher education that create a meaningful change.
We will feature both scientific and practitioner sessions, providing a well-rounded and comprehensive exploration of higher education with impact. We welcome national and international contributions related to four themes that are key in the educational policy and practices of UHasselt:
- Through Civic Higher Education, we will explore the essential role of higher education in promoting civic engagement and social responsibility, diving into topics such as community engaged learning and community service learning.
- Inclusive Higher Education will challenge us to create a more equitable, inclusive, and accessible higher education system for all students, regardless of their background or circumstances. We'll explore topics such as diversity and inclusion, access to education, and support for underrepresented groups.
- With Student-Centred Higher Education, we will focus on the needs and experiences of students in the learning process, exploring innovative approaches to student-led learning, personalised education, and co-creation of knowledge and skills.
- Finally, through Future-Proof Higher Education, we will tackle the ever-evolving demands of the future and focus on essential 21st century skills, new technologies, sustainability, and the development of a global knowledge economy.
This conference promises to provide a comprehensive and profound exploration of the current state of higher education and its impact on society. Join us for an experience that will inspire, challenge, and transform your understanding of higher education.
At this conference, you will have the opportunity to engage in lively discussions and hands-on workshops, learn from inspiring keynote speakers and educators, and network with like-minded individuals who share your passion for higher education. Join us as we explore and discuss ways to shape the future of higher education.
Would you like to actively participate in the conference? You can submit your contribution here.
More information about the submission types can be found on the website.
Interested colleagues? Feel free to share this call.
Prof. dr. Wanda Guedens, vice rector of Education
UHasselt Educational Conference team
More information? www.uhasselt.be/educonf50
- Call for submissions: March 31th, 2023
- Abstract submission deadline: June 15th, 2023
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: September 15th, 2023
- Early bird registration until October 15th, 2023
- Deadline for registration for presenters: November 1st, 2023
- Deadline for registration: December 1st, 2023
- Conference Dates: Hasselt (Belgium), December 13th-14th-15th, 2023